Rating: PG-13
Review: 5 stars
Genre: Action-with-a-smidgen-of-romance
I am a huge fan of the Hunger Games books. I mean huge. Maybe this will give you an idea: The Spartanburg Herald Journal Interviews Me About the Hunger Games. I was kind of trepidatious about the movie, but it went beyond my expectations. The directing was amazing and so was the acting, especially by Jennifer Lawrence, who stars as Katniss, and Lenny Kravitz, who plays Cinna. Another surprising favorite of mine is Isabelle Fuhrman who plays Clove. She made me fall in love with a character I am supposed to hate. I would very much like to work with her in the future. She is impressive. Back to the movie. So, they changed some things from the books, but that is to be expected. I loved getting the Capitol's view on the Games while they were happening, and the violence was so spot on. There was no avoiding it. Center of the screen a kid gets his neck snapped. It was awesome. From a die-hard fan's perspective, The Hunger Games is phenomenal.
Notable Quote: "May the odds be ever in your favor."
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm glad they didn't deviate too much from the book!
ReplyDelete