Rated: R
Review: 3 stars
Genre: Comedic-campy-romantic-movie-musical
I was at FYE the other day in Greenville when I stumbled upon this movie while searching for The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was 7 dollars and in the musical section so I bought it. I was definitely surprised. It started out very very campy and really very strange. Nick (James Gandolfini) has cheated on his wife Kitty (Susan Sarandon) with the very interesting redhead Tula (Kate Winslet). It opened with bad sex jokes, really ridiculous concepts, and some very funny performances by Mandy Moore, Mary-Louise Parker, and Aida Turturro who play the couple's three adult daughters. At the point when the movie was about to loose me because of severe campiness and the fact that sex jokes annoy me, the movie did a complete about-face to something both romantic and sad. The back of the box didn't do the movie justice when it comes to the touching part of the story. There were some strange cameo performances by Christopher Walken, dancing sanitation workers, and pregnant ladies in the middle of the road, but setting the weirder scenes aside, it was a touching albeit slightly corny movie.
Notable Quote: "Two things a man should no how to do: be romantic and smoke his brains out."
No comments:
Post a Comment